Bronson City Council
Clearsia Botts, 912 Linn St, Bronson, KS 66716, 620-939-4557
Kayla Greenway, 904 Clay St., Bronson, KS 66716, 620-363-0195
Kelly Perry, 611 Orange St., Bronson, KS 66716, 620-363-4842
Fort Scott City Commission
Michael Hoyt, 1315 Beech Ave., Ft Scott, KS 66701, 602-405-5202
Josh Jones, 617 Fairway, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-215-3680
Ann Rawlins, 1017 E Wall St, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 541-801-9179
Tim Van Hoecke, 802 S Hill Street, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 913-240-6348
Judy Warren, 1706 S. Eddy St., Fort Scott, KS 66701, 913-488-1889
Matthew Wells, 1201 South National Ave, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 417-684-1714
Willa Wilson, 304 Ivy, Ft Scott, KS 66701, 913-285-0496
No Candidates Filed
Fulton City Council
No Candidates Filed
Mapleton City Council
Mike Blevins, 1251 N. Main St, Mapleton, KS 66754, 620-743-3070
Homer Wisdom, 507 N Bourbon, Mapleton, KS 66754, 913-795-7381
Ronald B Burton Jr, 127 E 6th, Mapleton, KS 66754, 620-768-9399
Redfield City Council
Michael Beerbower, 402 W 3rd Street, Redfield, KS 66769, 620-756-4175
Kirby Martin, 403 W. 2nd, Redfield, KS 66769, 620-756-4718
Wilma K. Graham, 102 W 4th, Redfield, KS 66769, 620-756-4436
Clarence Ed Guss, 301 N Pine, Redfield, KS 66769, 417-339-1530
Uniontown City Council
Jess Ervin, 401 Clay St., Uniontown, KS 66779, 620-756-4825
Amber Kelly, 408 Fulton St., Uniontown, KS 66779, 620-228-0130
Kyle Knight, 606 Sherman, Uniontown, KS 66779, 620-224-6053
Larry Jurgensen, 113 S. Hill, Uniontown, KS 66779, 620-224-9810
Bill Marlow, 403 Sherman St, Uniontown, KS 66779, 620-224-7209
David Stewart, 772 190th, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-224-1179
Garold (Gary) Billionis, 719 S National, Ft. Scott, KS 66701, 620-223-6733
Casey Bolden, 2015 E 1st, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-215-1961
USD 234 – Position #6
Brian L. Allen, 1809 Richards Rd., Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-224-6679
Tracy King, 2386 Jayhawk Rd, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-412-8500
Joshua Query, 721 S Margrave St, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-719-6828
USD 235 – Position #4
Brian Ray Stewart, 179 Soldier Rd, Bronson, KS 66716, 620-215-6394
USD 235 – Position #5
Mike Mason, 978 60th Street, Uniontown, KS 66779, 620-756-4561
USD 235 – Position #6
Tyler J. Martin, 1058 Hackberry Rd., Redfield, KS 66769, 620-547-2519
FSCC – Board of Trustees
John Bartelsmeyer, 22 ½ N Main, Ft. Scott, KS 66701, 620-224-9547
James L. Fewins, 1200 Maple Rd., Redfield, KS 66769, 620-756-4749
Bryan Holt, 2095 Kansas Rd, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-215-2832
Bill Meyer, 14 Golfview Drive, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-224-4299
Kevin D Wagner, 390 130th St., Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-547-2233
Southwind Extension District
Ethan A. Holly, 1606 Maple Rd, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-228-7258
Gary Palmer, 1863 Eagle Rd, Fort Scott, KS 66701, 620-224-1001
The General Election will be on November 2, 2021.
March 2, 2021 Election Results (Official) can be viewed here.
January 5, 2021 Election Results (official) can be viewed here.
***Notice of March 2, 2021 Special Election***
You may register to vote online, through the Kansas Secretary of State’s website.
Check your voter registration status, the location of your polling place and view a sample ballot at VoterView by the Secretary of State.
The County Clerk is elected in November of Presidential Election years to a term of four years. There are no term limits to this elected office.
The Bourbon County Clerk/Election Officer is responsible for a wide range of things under Kansas Law. Some of those are listed here.
Advance Voting is available prior to each election. You may advance vote in one of two ways: By mail, by filing an application for a ballot to be mailed to you OR in-person, beginning at least one week prior to any election.
Bourbon County Clerk Duties:
- Serves as Secretary to the Board of County Commissioners; attends Commission meetings; prepares and posts agendas and keeps meeting minutes; maintains proceedings of Commission meetings, including all contracts and agreements entered into by the County.
- Prepares annual budgets for most townships and fire districts and all cemeteries, watersheds and light districts in the County.
- Receives and compiles all budgets submitted by County entities, cities, townships, the community college, school districts, and all special districts.
- Compiles, calculates, and prepares tax levies.2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Prepares real estate, personal property, and state assessed tax roll, including special assessments, and certifies to County Treasurer.
- Accumulates and files a bonded indebtedness report for all taxing entities in the County.
- Carries out all elections and certifies to the Secretary of State; maintains voter database; accepts filings for public office; keeps financial statements of expenses from county, city, school district candidates.
- Provides Accounts Payable and Payroll functions for all County departments; receives all claims filed against the County.
- Provides checks and balance to property transfers, motor vehicle collections and Treasurer’s daily ledger activities.
- Serves as the County Freedom of Information Officer.
- Maintains fixed asset inventory for the County.
- Provides assistance to County residents in preparing Homestead Property Tax Refund and Food Sales Tax Applications for the Kansas Department of Revenue.
- Issues Cereal Malt Beverage Licenses to establishments outside the city limits and issues Firework Permits to stands throughout the County for 4th of July week.
- Issues Kansas Wildlife and Park permits.