PLEASE NOTICE NEW 2016 FEES!!
LORA HOLDRIDGE, Register of Deeds
Crystal Zimmerman, Deputy
Maxine Simhiser, Clerk
210 S National. ste 14
Fort Scott KS 66701
620-223-3800 ext 106
BOURBON COUNTY E-RECORDING COMPANIES
(We do not accept Death Certificates, UCC'S, or Survey's)
Corporation Service Company (CSC)
|Recording Support (866) 652-0111|
|CSC provides a web-based eRecording solution that enables submitters to electronically record real estate documents.|
ALL E-RECORDINGS ARE ACCEPTED FROM 8:30 - 3:00 M - F
- Our current software program is CIC. NOT all counties have the same software program. You may contact our office or check out our website to check on our office procedures.
- A full 2 1/2 " are needed across the entire front page for our recording information, or a cover page will be needed at an additional charge. THIS AREA NEEDS TO BE COMPLETELY BLANK AND IF THIS AREA IS NOT PROVIDED, A COVER PAGE WILL NEED TO BE ATTACHED AND AN ADDITIONAL $8.00 IS NEEDED TO FILE THE DOCUMENT. (K.S.A. 28-115)
- K.S.A. 28-115 "If sufficient space is not provided for the necessary recording information and certification on a document, such recording information shall be placed on an additional sheet and such sheet shall be counted as a page", and "The Register of Deeds may reject any document which is not of sufficient legibility so as to produce a clear and legible reproduction thereof."
- As per Resolution 21-06 of Bourbon County: Any overages $5.00 and less will not be refunded. A written letter must be sent within thirty days from recording date requesting the refund.
- All deeds require either a Kansas Validation Questionnaire form or an exemption stated in the body of the deed. If an exemption is used, we must have tax statement address. (K.S.A. 79-1437c)
- Notary must state who they saw sign on all documents. (K.S.A. 58-2211) (K.S.A. 53-509)
- All documents must have 8 point or larger type. (K.S.A. 28-115)
|For recording deeds, mortgages, or other instruments of writing-for first page (not to exceed legal size page 8 ½" x 14") This includes Heritage Trust and Technology fund fees||$15.00|
|For second page and each additional page or fraction thereof||11.00|
|Recording town plats, for each page||$26.00|
|Recording release or assignment of real estate mortgage- for first page||$14.00|
|Each additional book and page listed||$10.00|
|For second page and each additional page||$4.00|
|Certificate, certifying any instrument of record||$7.00|
|For filing liens for materials and services under K.S.A.58.201, and amendments thereto||$11.00|
|Lis Pendens KSA 60-2201||
|Federal Tax Lien Notices||$26.00|
|Federal Tax Lien Release||$26.00|
|K.S.A.44-717(e)(1)Employment Secutity Law Lien Release(any state) (First page only, additional fees apply for second and additional pages andfractions therof)||$59.00|
|K.S.A. 39-709(g) Medical Assistance Lien due at time of filing||$0.00|
|k.S.A.39-709(g) Medical Assistance Lien assi8gnment of release||$0.00|
|Uniform Commercial Code Fee Schedule||Amount|
|Original financing statement||$15.00|
|Amended financing statement||$15.00|
|Financing statement indicating assignment||$15.00|
|Separate statement of assignment||$15.00|
|Statement of Release of all or a part of any collateral described in a filed financing statement||$15.00|
|Attachments, per page (after first ten pages, which are included in initial fee)||$1.00|
|Written information request: Per Debtor Name||$15.00|
|Copy request: A copy of any filed financing statement or statement of assignment for a fee of $1.00 per page.|
If the name or names of any signer or notary public are not plainly typed or printed under the signatures, the register of deeds shall charge and collect a fee of $1.00 in addition to all other fees provided in this schedule. K.S.A. 28-115(d)
If sufficient space is not provided for the necessary recording information and certification on a document, duch information shall be placed on an additional sheet and such sheet shall be counterd as a page.
The document shall be of sufficient legibility to produce a clear and legible reproduction. If a document is judged not to be of sufficient legibility, such document shall be accompanied by an exact copy thereof which shall be of sufficient legibility to produce a clear and legible reproduction and which shall be recorded contemporaneously with the document and shall be counted as additional pages. The Register of Deeds may reject any document which is not of sufficient legibility.
- Click the seal above for downloadable forms.